Dry eyes? Check your products for safety.
The U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently posted information about a voluntary recall of multiple ophthalmic products being sold at Walmart stores across the U.S.
The recall was announced on July 3rd by Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the company behind the eye products. The event is being carried out due to concerns the products on shelves could be unsterile as a result of errors occurring at the manufacturing facility.
The products affected include:
- Equate Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Drops Twin Pack
- Equate Eye Allergy Relief Drops, Equate Sterile Lubricant Stye Ointment
- Equate Comfort Gel Lubricant Eye Gel Twin Pack
- Equate Restore PM Nighttime Lubricant Eye Ointment
- Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Pack
- Equate Support Advanced Twin Pack
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricating Eye Drops Dose Preservative
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricating Eye Drops Dose Preservative Free
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricant Gel Drops Multi Dose Preservative Free
- Equate Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops
- Support Harmony Lubricant Eye Drops
Only specific lots of these products are involved in the recall, and a list of them can be found on the FDA’s website.
Be careful. Using unsterile ophthalmic products can result in serious infections, and possibly even death in rare situations. If you feel your eyes may be affected, consult with your doctor.
Customers with questions regarding this recall can contact Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., by calling 1-800-258-2471, or e-mailing email@example.com Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.