Health and fitness expert Stephanie Mansour shares how to get a full body workout in from the comfort of your couch (no equipment required!).
Hopefully this can motivate you to be more active from non-sedentary settings, too!
- Sit on the edge of the couch, pulling your abs in like someone’s punched you in the stomach
- Next, put your legs in the air, moving through three levels – legs lifted with knees bent, legs straight in the air, and holding onto your legs in the air
- Hold each level for about 30 seconds for an intense abs workout!
- Use the couch as a bench, lowering yourself on the seat from a standing position, then moving back up
- Stand up and down for 10 reps
- If you’re more advanced, try one-legged squat for added weight and balance challenge
- From the same v-sit position, bring your legs back in, bent at a 90-degree angle
- Lower one foot to the floor, then switch between legs
- Keep marching for about a minute
Repeat the full circuit when there’s a commercial, and you’re set for a fantastic full-body workout. Just remember to keep your core tight throughout each exercise to ensure good form and that you aren’t damaging your back.
Photo Credit: antoniodiaz/Shutterstock.com