Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), the text of which can be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, RateMDs Inc. (“RateMDs”, “our”, “us” or “we”) will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law, are committed using RateMDs and its services and are properly reported to our Copyright Agent identified below.
A DMCA request can be sent to us via the contact information below:
5716 Corsa Ave, Suite 110
Westlake Village, CA 91362
Attention: Copyright Agent
In accordance with the DMCA, the written notice (the "DMCA Notice") must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on a Website, a representative list of such works.
- The URL or Internet location of the materials claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, or information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on a Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA. You may want to consult an attorney before taking any action pursuant to the DMCA.
It is our policy to close the accounts of users we identify as repeat infringers. We apply this policy at our discretion and in appropriate circumstances.
We may disclose any communications concerning DMCA Notices or other complaints of rights violations with third parties, including the affected users, the rights holders, and third party databases that collect information on DMCA Notices.